Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
- Conduct verifications of employment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 0.4%
National: - 1.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)