- Collect prescribed fees for licenses.
- Code information on license applications for entry into computers.
- Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.
- Answer questions or provide advice to the public regarding licensing policies, procedures, or regulations.
- Maintain records of applications made or licensing fees collected.
- Question applicants to obtain required information, such as name, address, or age, and record data on prescribed forms.
- Update operational records or licensing information, using computer terminals.
- Inform customers by mail or telephone of additional steps they need to take to obtain licenses.
- Perform routine data entry or other office support activities, including creating, sorting, photocopying, distributing, or filing documents.
- Perform record checks on past or current licensees, as required by investigations.
- Train other workers or coordinate their work, as necessary.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.2%
National: + 6.5%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)