- Explain policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
- Collect and report data on topics such as patient encounters or inter-institutional problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate.
- Develop and distribute newsletters, brochures, or other printed materials to share information with patients or medical staff.
- Identify and share research, recommendations, or other information regarding legal liabilities, risk management, or quality of care.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.9%
National: + 4.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)