Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- File and maintain records.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 9.5%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)