- Remove extra compound after surfaces have been covered sufficiently.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Mix sealing compounds by hand or with portable electric mixers.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Sand or patch nicks or cracks in plasterboard or wallboard.
- Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard.
- Sand rough spots of dried cement between applications of compounds.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
National: + 0.4%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)