Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Install active solar systems, including solar collectors, concentrators, pumps, or fans.
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards, using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Determine appropriate sizes, ratings, and locations for all system overcurrent devices, disconnect devices, grounding equipment, and surge suppression equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)