- Check to ensure that completed roofs are watertight.
- Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
- Locate worn or torn areas in roofs.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials.
- Remove old roofing materials.
- Unload materials and tools from work trucks, and unroll roofing as directed.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs.
- Place tiles, nail them to roof boards, and cover nailheads with roofing cement.
- Provide assistance to skilled roofers installing and repairing roofs, flashings, and surfaces.
- Attach roofing paper and composition shingles, using nails.
- Perform emergency leak repairs and general maintenance for a variety of roof types.
- Attach sheets of metal to roof boards or building frameworks when installing metal roofs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)