- Repair and maintain automotive and drilling equipment, using hand tools.
- Observe and monitor equipment operation during the extraction process to detect any problems.
- Drive moving equipment to transport materials and parts to excavation sites.
- Clean up work areas and remove debris after extraction activities are complete.
- Organize materials to prepare for use.
- Provide assistance to extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers and derrick operators.
- Dismantle extracting and boring equipment used for excavation, using hand tools.
- Unload materials, devices and machine parts, using hand tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)