Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications.
- Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for shipping.
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)