Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Release air bubbles and smooth seams, using rollers.
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
- Mix catalysts into resins, and saturate cloth and mats with mixtures, using brushes.
- Bond wood reinforcing strips to decks and cabin structures of watercraft, using resin-saturated fiberglass.
- Check completed products for conformance to specifications and for defects by measuring with rulers or micrometers, by checking them visually, or by tapping them to detect bubbles or dead spots.
- Trim excess materials from molds, using hand shears or trimming knives.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 1.7%
National: - 1.5%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)