Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Clean and smooth molds, cores, and core boxes, and repair surface imperfections.
- Move and position workpieces, such as mold sections, patterns, and bottom boards, using cranes, or signal others to move workpieces.
- Sprinkle or spray parting agents onto patterns and mold sections to facilitate removal of patterns from molds.
- Sift and pack sand into mold sections, core boxes, and pattern contours, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- Form and assemble slab cores around patterns and position wire in mold sections to reinforce molds, using hand tools and glue.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)