Printing Press Operators
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
- Change press plates, blankets, or cylinders, as required.
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed.
- Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
- Feed paper through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains.
- Secure printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances.
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
- Maintain time or production records.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 10.0%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)