Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Maintain records, such as daily production records, using specified forms.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Read work orders to determine instructions and specifications for machine set-up.
- Set up or operate bindery machines, such as coil binders, thermal or tape binders, plastic comb binders, or specialty binders.
- Set up or operate glue machines by filling glue reservoirs, turning switches to activate heating elements, or adjusting glue flow or conveyor speed.
- Set up or operate machines that perform binding operations, such as pressing, folding, or trimming.
- Stitch or glue endpapers, bindings, backings, or signatures, using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
- Trim edges of books to size, using cutting machines, book trimming machines, or hand cutters.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 8.2%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)