Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Notify supervisors or mechanics of equipment malfunctions.
- Start machines, monitor operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Tend machines with multiple winding units that wind thread onto shuttle bobbins for use on sewing machines or other kinds of bobbins for sole-stitching, knitting, or weaving machinery.
- Inspect products to verify that they meet specifications and to determine whether machine adjustment is needed.
- Tend machines that twist together two or more strands of yarn or insert additional twists into single strands of yarn to increase strength, smoothness, or uniformity of yarn.
- Replace depleted supply packages with full packages.
- Observe operations to detect defects, malfunctions, or supply shortages.
- Thread yarn, thread, or fabric through guides, needles, and rollers of machines.
- Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
- Inspect machinery to determine whether repairs are needed.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)