Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Produce or assemble components of articles, such as store fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, or high-grade furniture.
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Set up or operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape woodstock or wood substitutes.
- Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Reinforce joints with nails or other fasteners to prepare articles for finishing.
- Attach parts or subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws, or clamps.
- Establish the specifications of articles to be constructed or repaired or plan the methods or operations for shaping or assembling parts, based on blueprints, drawings, diagrams, or oral or written instructions.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 2.0%
National: + 2.3%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)