Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices, such as rulers, micrometers, or scales.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Stack and sort cut material for packaging, further processing, or shipping, according to types and sizes of material.
- Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Press buttons, pull levers, or depress pedals to start and operate cutting and slicing machines.
- Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Maintain production records, such as quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
National: - 3.9%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)