First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded or problems encountered.
- Examine freight to determine loading sequences.
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
- Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.5%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)