Medical assistants help to run the office of a doctor, dentist, or an office in the hospital or clinic.
• Schedule appointments for the doctor.
• Enter patient information into a computer.
• Clean the exam room between patients.
• Show patients to the exam room and help them get ready for the doctor.
• Clean the instruments the doctors and nurses use.
• Collect blood and other samples to send to a lab for tests.
Where and When:
• Doctor's offices.
• Most work regular office hours.
What or Who They Work With:
• Doctors and nurses
• Blood pressure cuff
Education and Training:
• A high school diploma is important.
• Many Medical Assistants take some classes after high school, and some have an Associate's Degree.
Related School Subjects:
• Health and P.E.
THE BERENSTAIN BEARS GO TO THE DOCTOR by Stan Berenstain
INSIDE YOUR OUTSIDE: ALL ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY (CAT IN THE HAT) by Tish Rade and Aristides Ruiz