Appraisers and assessors of Real Estate help people know the current or future value of real property - land and the buildings.
• Assess the value of land and the buildings.
• Prepare reports.
• Search records of house sales and leases.
• Take pictures of buildings.
• Think about the change could happen to the building or neighborhood, and how this will make a difference on the value of the building in future.
• Draw land diagrams.
Where and When:
• They work in offices, but they do many site visits.
• Most work daytime during weekdays.
What or Who They Work With:
• Electronic charts or maps
• Laser measuring systems
• Single gas monitors
Education and Training:
• Usually associate's or bachelor's degree.
• Appraisal courses and on-the-job training.
• In some states they need to work enough hours to get a appraisal license.
Constuction and Building Inspectors
Related School Subjects:
• Business or real estate law
TheBerenstain Bears Moving Day by Stan and Jan Berenstain (2011)
Big Ernie's New Home: A Story for Young Children Who are Moving (2006) by Teresa Martin and Whitney Martin
My Very Exciting, Sorta Scary, Big Move: A Workbook for Children Moving to a New Home by Lori Attanasio Woodring
Boomer's Big Day by Constance mcGeorge and Mary Whyte (2012)
Little Critter: We are Moving by Mercer Mayer (2012)
Moving Day by Jess Stockham (2011)
Come Over to My House by Dr. Seuss (2016) multi cultural beginner book about home and friendship
Yard Sale by Eve Bunting (2017)