Art therapists plan and do art therapy programs to help patients become healthy and happy.
• Work with data and give people recommendations.
• Use and also direct patients do arts and crafts.
• Help and care about people.
• Know people needs.
• Talk, write or show a video to people about the results and recommendations for them.
• Work with doctors, nurses and other therapists.
• Supervise staff, volunteers, and interns.
• Read research papers.
• Design an art therapy program for a group of people or for one patient.
Where and When:
• May arrange activities both indoors and outdoors in the daytime.
What or Who They Work With:
• Other professionals
• Art supplies or equipment
Education and Training:
• A bachelor's degree
• Pass a special exam
Related School Subjects:
THE BERENSTAIN BEARS VISIT THE DOCTOR by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
INSIDE YOUR OUTSIDE: ALL ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY by Tish Rave
SUSAN LAUGHS by Jeanne Wills
MY BROTHER CHARLIE by Holly Robinson-Peete and Ryan Elizabeth Peete
MOSES GOES TO A CONCERT by Isaac Millman
THE APOTHECARY by Cristine Petersen
YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SICK IN THE 16TH CENTURY! by Kathryn Senior
GIFTED HANDS, KIDS EDITION: THE BEN CARSON STORY by Gregg Lewis and Deborah Shaw Lewis