City planning aides help with city planning. They collect data for city planners.
• Read map, books, investigations, and reports for a planning project.
• Do field visiting.
• Support planning team.
• Research and analyze data.
• Prepare and manage records and databases.
• Do interviews and Surveys.
• Handle mail and post public notices.
• Schedule meetings and appointments.
Where and When:
• They usually work indoors with the planning team but they often do field visiting.
• They work during normal business hours but may work evenings or weekends.
What or Who They Work With:
• City planners
• Drafting scales
Education and Training:
Master's or Bachelor's degree.
Related School Subjects:
WHAT'S A MAYOR? by Nancy Harris
RYHME: A PIG IN POLITICS by Will Maks
WORKING AT CITY HALL (21st Century Junior Library: Careers) by Lucoa Raatma