Coaches help people learn how to play a sport. Some lead teams in competitions. They may also select and store sports equipment.
• Teach people how to play a sport.
• Train athletes for games.
• Explain rules and safety.
• Select and manage sports equipment.
• Make schedules.
• Keep records and give advice.
Where and When:
• Coaches often work irregular work hours such as weekends, evenings, and holidays. They are very busy during the sports season.
• They may work indoors or outdoors.
• They often travel to sporting events.
What or Who They Work With:
• Sport equipment
Education and Training:
• Educational and training vary greatly by the level and type of sport.
• A professional coach need many years of experience.
Related School Subjects:
Coaches: (My Community) Jobs (2018) by Julie Murray
Coaches: (Community Helpers ) 2015 by Rebecca Pettiford
Coach Dave Season One (2015) by Al Ainsworth
Coach Bob and Me (2011) by Catherine Gibson
Coach Mom (2016) by Leslie Crawford
Arthur and the Best Coach Ever (2001) by Stephen Krensky
The Bailey School Kids: Mummies Don't Coach Softball #21 (1996) by Debbie Dadey
Soccer Sami and the Big Meanie Coach (2015) by Stooart
The Adventures of Coach and Little Dell (2017) by Tanae Denean Eskridge
Soar by Joan Bauer (2017) Grades 6 and up
Hey Coach (2016) by Linda Ashman
The Kid Coach (Fred Bowen Sports Story Series) (2009) by Fred Bowen
The Kids (and parents too!) Book of Good Sportsmanship: An easy to read guide for families (2009) by Leslie Susskind
Little Johnny Plays Hoops: Everything about Basketball- Sports for Kids (2017) by Baby Professor
The Boy Who Never Gave Up Stephen Curry (2016) by Anthony Curcio
My Weird School Daze#4: Coach Hyatt is a Riot! (2008) by Dan Gutman