Computer and information systems managers plan, direct or coordinate computer-related activities in an organization. They manage data, information systems, analysis, and programming.
• Plan and direct installing and upgrading computer hardware and software.
• Ensure network security.
• Develop computer information resources.
• Solve computer problems.
• Meet with computer users and technology vendors.
• Supervise staffs.
Where and When:
• They usually work full time indoors.
• Many work overtime.
What or Who They Work With:
• Their team members
• Department head
• Computer users
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree in computer or information science.
• Many require a graduate degree.
• Several years of experience in a related information technology (IT) job.
Computer Support Sepcialists
Related School Subjects:
• Business and management
Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners by Warren Sande and Carter Sande
Mousetracks: A Kid's Computer Idea Book by Peggy L. Steinhauswer (Illustrator)
The Savvy Cyber Kids At Home: The Family Gets A Computer by Ben Halpert
Franklin and the Computer (A Franklin TV Storybook) Inc. Kids Can Press
Arthur's Computer Disaster by Marc Brown
FUN WITH COMPUTER ELECTRONICS by Becker and Mayer Ltd.