Electrical engineering technicians assist electrical engineers and technologists. They help engineers design and develop computers and other electrical and electronic equipment. They evaluate, test, adjust and repair equipment.
• Set up, test and repair equipment.
• Use hand tools to put together electrical and electronic systems.
• Inspect designs, analyze test information, and report findings.
• Under engineers' direction.
• Help engineers solve problems.
• Visit construction sites.
Where and When:
• They work in offices, laboratories, and factories.
What or Who They Work With:
• Electrical engineers
• Electrical and electronic test equipment
• Hand tools
Education and Training:
• An associate's degree in electrical or electronic engineering technology.
Related School Subjects:
SCIENCE KIDS: PLANET EARTH by Deborah Chancellor
THE HOME DEPOT BIG BOOK OF TOOLS by Kimberly Weinberger
THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS LOST IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen
THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS INSIDE THE EARTH by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen
MY BIG SCIENCE BOOK by Simon Mugford
SCIENCE IN SECONDS FOR KIDS by Jean Potter
THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE: THE STORY OF THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS BRIDGE AND THE REMARKABLE FAMILY THAT BUILT IT by Elizabeth Mann
BRIDGES: AMAZING STRUCTURES TO DESIGN, BUILD, AND TEST by Carol A. Johnmann
MATHEMATICIANS ARE PEOPLE TOO: STORIES FROM THE LIVES OF GREAT MATHEMATICIANS by Luetta Reimer