* Electro-mechanical technicians work with computer-controlled machines. They combine knowledge of mechanical engineering technology with knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits.
• Read blueprints.
• Choose the methods to put together equipment
• Measure parts and make sure they are in right places.
• Operate metalworking machines.
• Test and repair.
• Use soldering equipment and hand tools.
Where and When:
• They work both at production sites and in offices.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers.
• Digital cameras
• Drill presses
• Hand tools
• Protective glasses
Education and Training:
• An associate's degree or a post-secondary certificate
Related School Subjects:
BRIDGES: AMAZING STRUCTURES TO DESIGN, BUILD, AND TEST by Carol A. Johnmann
MATHEMATICIANS ARE PEOPLE TOO: STORIES FROM THE LIVES OF GREAT MATHEMATICIANS by Luetta Reimer