Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
• Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
• Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
• Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
• Operate cash register.
• Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
Where and When:
• Works in a Pharmacy.
What or Who They Work With:
• Works with medications and prescriptions.
• Works with a Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technicians.
Education and Training:
• Most have a High School Diploma.
• Some have on-the-job training.
Physical Therapy Aid
Postal Service Clerk
Gaming Cage Worker
Related School Subjects:
Science, Math, Reading
The Apothecary by Christine Petersen
You Wouldn’t Want to be Sick in the 16th Century! by Kathryn Senior
Jonas Salk and the Polio Vaccine (Graphic Library: Inventions and Discovery) by Katherine E. Krohn