Inspect, test, repair, and maintain electrical equipment.
• Inspect and test equipment and circuits.
• Check manuals and wiring diagrams to solve equipment problems.
• Analyze test data to diagnose problems.
• Repair, replace, and clean equipment and equipment components.
Where and When:
• May work inside or outside.
• Usually work 40 hours per week.
What or Who They Work With:
• May work with electrical engineers.
• Work with ohmeters, voltmeters, and ammeters.
Education and Training:
• Most have a Post-Secondary Certificate.
• Many have years of related work experience.
• Most receive on-the-job and on-site training.
Power Plant Operators
Related School Subjects:
Science, and math
TOBY BOLAND AND THE BLACKSTONE CANAL by Thomas L. Rooney
THE ROAD BUILDERS by B.G. Hennessy
YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO WORK ON THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE! by Ratliff, Salariya, and Bergin
IGGY PECK, ARCHITECT by Andrea Beaty and David Roberts
HOW A HOUSE IS BUILT by Gail Gibbons
MACHINES AT WORK BOARD BOOK by Byron Barton
A KID'S GUIDE TO BUILDING FORTS
SKYSCRAPERS!: SUPER STRUCTURES TO DESIGN & BUILD by Carl A. Johmann and Michael P. Kline
THE ART OF CONSTRUCTION: PROJECTS AND PRINCIPLES FOR BEGINNING ENGINEERS & ARCHITECTS by Mario Salvadori