Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs, and gutters.
• Construct forms to hold the concrete.
• Spread, level, and smooth concrete.
• Mold edges and joints.
• Monitor how wind, and temperature affect the drying of the cement throughout the process.
• Signal the truck driver to get in the correct position and to pour the concrete.
• Remove areas of damaged concrete and repair the area with new concrete.
Where and When:
Usually work outside.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with other construction workers.
• May work with architects or city planners.
Education and Training:
• Most have a few years of related work experience and receive on-the-job training.
• Some jobs may require training in a vocational school or and Associate's degree.
Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
Related School Subjects:
Science, math, and art
Cement Mixers ABC: Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Ethan Long (Oct 2018)
Cement Mixers (Construction Site) by Dan Osier
From Cement to Bridge by Robin Nelson
Cement Mixer: Mini Trucks Lift the Flap and Stand -up by David Hawcock
Wet Cement : A Mix of Concrete Poems by Bob Raczka
The Construction Alphabwet Book (2016) by Jerry Pallotta and Rob Bolster
Concrete Mixers (Pull Ahead Books ) by Marlene Targ Brill
Cement Mixers (Giants on the Road) by Norman D. Graubart
Around the World in a Cement Boat: a Young Girls True Adventureby Cheryl Trzasko