Plan, upgrade, and monitor security measures for computer networks. May also respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
• Train users and promote security awareness.
• Develop plans to protect computer files.
• Talk to users about security needs.
• Watch reports of current computer viruses to determine when to update the virus protection system.
Where and When:
• Usually work inside.
• Usually work 40 hours per week.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with a computer and network users.
• May work with software developers.
Education and Training:
• Must have a Bachelor's degree and many years of related work experience.
• Many receive on-the-job training.
Computer Systems Analyst
Computer User Support Specialists
Related School Subjects:
Computers, and math
Mousetracks: A Kid's Computer Idea Book by Peggy L. Steinhauswer (Illustrator)
The Savvy Cyber Kids At Home: The Family Gets A Computer by Ben Halpert
Franklin and the Computer (A Franklin TV Storybook) Inc. Kids Can Press
Arthur's Computer Disaster by Marc Brown
FUN WITH COMPUTER ELECTRONICS by Becker and Mayer Ltd.