Drive automobiles, vans, or limousines to transport passengers.
• Test vehicle to ensure it works properly.
• Drive limousines, company cars, or privately owned vehicles to transport passengers.
• Pick up passengers at prearranged locations.
• Provide passengers assistance when entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
• Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
Where and When:
• May work in various locations.
• May work irregular hours.
• May work all days of the week.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with customers.
• May work with a dispatcher.
Education and Training:
• May require driving experience and training.
• May require to be over 21 years old.
• Must have a special license called a "hack" license.
• May need a commercial driver's license as well.
Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendant
Tour Guides and Escorts
Related School Subjects:
Math, geography, and social studies
The Nighttime Chauffeur by Carly Simon (1993)
Santa Wants a Chauffeur by Bob Olson and Rachel Mundrup (2012)
Who is Driving by Leo Timmers (2014)
Driving School(Disney Pixar Cars/Step into Reading) (2013) by Kristen L. Depken
Driving Buddies (Disney Pixar Cars / Step into Reading) (2013) by Apple Jordan
Good Driving Amelia Bedelia by Herman Parish and Lynn Sweat
RICHARD SCARRY'S CARS AND TRUCKS AND THINGS THAT GO by Richard Scarry
ILLUSTRATED TIMELINE OF TRANSPORTATION (VISUAL TIMELINES IN HISTORY) by Kremena Spengler and Eldon Doty
TRANSPORTATION: FROM WALKING TO HIGH-SPEED RAIL (TIMELINE HISTORY) by Elizabeth Raum
HENRY FORD: YOUNG MAN WITH IDEAS (CHILDHOOD OF FAMOUS AMERICANS SERIES) by Hazel B. Aird