Conduct research in the genetics, nutrition, reproduction, growth, and development of farm animals.
• Conduct research concerning animal nutrition, breeding, or management.
• Develop improved practices in feeding, housing, sanitation, or parasite and disease control of animals.
• Research and control animal selection and breeding practices.
• Communicate research findings to the scientific community, producers, and the public.
Where and When:
• Work in research facilities and farms.
What or Who They Work With:
• Work with farm animals, genetic material, nutrition, and breeding.
• Work with farmers and other scientists.
Education and Training:
• Most have a Doctoral Degree.
• Most have at least 4 years of experience.
Soil and Plant Scientist
Related School Subjects:
Science, Math, Writing
ANIMAL HOSPITAL by Judith Walker-Hodge
ANIMAL BABIES ON THE FARM by editors of Kingfisher
50 AWESOME WAYS KIDS CAN HELP ANIMALS by Ingrid Newkirk
GRASS TO MILK by Julie Murray