Actuaries deal with risk. They decide how likely things such as death, sickness, injury, disability, and loss of property are to occur, as well as the costs of these things.
• Figure out retirement income for people.
• Design insurance policies and retirement plans.
• Some also testify in court as experts.
• Do lots of research and read reports.
• Work with budgets and numbers.
Where and When:
• Work in offices, mostly a 40-hour workweek.
• Some travel
What or Who They Work With:
• Insurance investigator
• Financial Planners
Education and Training:
• College degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, or Finance
• Pass a special test
Related School Subjects:
DON'T BE AFRAID TO DROP! by Julia Cook
ANNO'S COUNTING BOOK by Mitsumasa Anno