Art Directors make decisions about art and pictures that are put into a magazine, newspaper, websites, or in advertisements. They are in charge of how everything is laid out.
• Plan how to lay out the artwork.
• Make up advertising plan.
• Decide which photographs or art will be used and where it will go.
• In charge of designers, photographers, and sometimes artists.
Where and When:
• Advertising companies.
• Book and magazine publishers.
• Design companies.
• They work in offices, but can work very long hours to meet deadlines.
What or Who They Work With:
• Artwork and photographs.
• Photo and design software on the computer.
• They work with advertising managers and writers, book and magazine publishers, photographers, graphic designers, and sales managers.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree in art, design, or art education.
• Usually starts off as designer or artist/photographer and earns the position of Art Director.
Related School Subjects:
• Advertising Design
Arthurs Playmaker Kit design your own props
ARTHUR'S TV TROUBLE by Marc Brown
THE ART CONTEST: NO CHEATING ALLOWED by Steven Banks and Robert Dress
DISCOVERING GREAT ARTISTS: HANDS-ON ART FOR CHILDREN IN THE STYLES OF THE GREAT MASTERS by MaryAnn F. Kohl