Sales Managers are in charge of getting the product or service to the customer. They manage sales people and make sure they are doing a good job. People in this job have to have good speaking and listening skills and have to enjoy working with people.
• Decide how much the sales people need to sell.
• Train sales staff on products and on how to sell.
• Meet with customers.
• Create reports.
Where and When:
• Work in offices with other managers. Sometimes they work directly for the president of the company.
• They have to travel a lot, and work evenings and weekends.
What or Who They Work With:
• Sales managers use computers and are on the phone a lot.
• They work with other managers closely, such as accounting, production, and marketing.
• They have to know the product or service they are selling very well.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree in business, management, or marketing.
• Most managers start as sales people and earn the manager's position.
• Computer training is usually required.
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Demonstrator and Product Promoter
- Market and Survey Researcher
- Sales Representative
Related School Subjects:
• Marketing classes in high school
ARTHUR'S PET BUSINESS by Marc Brown
ALEX AND THE AMAZING LEMONADE STAND by Scott Liz